How We Bill
The billing process at Express ER
At Express ER, we strive to make the billing process as transparent as possible. We appreciate that you entrusted us as your first choice for emergency care. Express ER is a Texas-licensed free standing emergency room. Though Express ER is not a participating provider in any health benefit plan provider network, by state law all insurance carriers are required to process your ER visit at in-network benefits levels.
After you have been seen at our facility, we will submit two claims to your insurance company. The first will be from the emergency physician who cared for you and the second will be for the facility in which you were seen. The facility charge encompasses all of the ancillary care you received, including laboratory tests, x-rays, CT scans, cultures, etc.
After we submit the claims to your insurance carrier, you will receive an explanation of benefits (EOB) from your insurance company. This EOB will explain the charges from our facility with regard to the emergency care you received. The EOB may itemize your copay, deductible and co-insurance, as well as your payment responsibility.
Senate Bill 425 And House Bill 3276
NOTICE OF FEES – Plains ER Management, LTD in compliance with Senate Bill 425, effective January 1, 2016, and modified by House Bill 3276, effective September 1, 2017, posts the following:
(1) Express ER is a freestanding medical care facility;
(2) Our rates are comparable to a hospital emergency room and we may charge a facility fee;
(3) Our physicians may or may not be a participating provider in your health plan provider network; you may need to check with your healthcare benefit provider;
(4) Our facility is not a participating provider in any health benefit plan provider network. However, by state law your health insurance company is required to process your emergency visit at in network benefit levels;
(5) Your physician providing medical care today may bill separately from the facility for the medical care provided to you.
At Express ER, we do not engage in the practice of balance billing. This means we do not bill above and beyond what your insurance company’s in-network allowable is for the service we provide. At Express ER, our goal is to provide quality, efficient, cost effective care in a comfortable, friendly environment.
After the EOB has been processed, and if there is an outstanding balance due, you will be issued an invoice. If you have any questions about your invoice, please do not hesitate to call our facility at the number listed.
Again, thank you for using our services and we value you as a patient. We look forward to serving you in the future.
OPEN 24 HOURS
7 DAYS A WEEK
Se habla español
EXPRESS ER LOCATIONS
4157 Buffalo Gap Rd
Abilene, TX 79605
Street Address and Phone Number
for Georgetown Express ER